Google released a new Ads Editor version, the 2.1, and added thirteen new features. You can find their help doc here.
Users of the Google Ads Editor now have more options and features that were not available in the previous version that was updated to support Performance Max campaigns. Google has also removed the “include Display Network” option for standard Shopping campaigns.
— Boris Beceric (@BorisBeceric) July 7, 2022
The new update includes:
- Table header recommendations – the editor is redesigned to more prominently display a list of recommendations relevant to the currently viewed item type in the toolbar above the main table.
- Primary Display Status – it now offers more information for campaigns. Now you can see why a campaign is not doing its thing.
- Overview recommendation cards – new overview card available: top recommendations, asset performance, asset group status.
- Recommendations – more support added for recommendation types such as: setting a target ROAS to capture traffic increases, target CPA, etc.
- Warning dialogue for cross-account copy and paste
- Validate aligned budget or bid strategy
- Video-Drive conversions campaigns with shopping
- Final URL expansion
- Initial view on start-up
- Global offers – you can now choose to make the country of sale optional or include support for an optional feed label
- Lead form: custom questions, the age question
- Lead form extensions at account level
- Budget Explorer
Warning dialogue for cross-account copy and paste
The editor lets you copy items from one account and then paste them into another. But, it can’t duplicate all of the information that is tied to a specific account.
If you paste copied items containing references to account-specific data into another account, Editor will drop that data and the copy will be incomplete. Now, when a user initiates a cross-account paste operation, the editor displays a detailed warning listing all data types that will be dropped.
Validate aligned budget or bid strategy
If a campaign uses a shared budget but not its associated portfolio bid strategy, Editor now shows an error.
When an aligned budget is selected, the Editor now displays the name of the associated strategy.
In the bidding dialog, it can now show the name of the associated budget when you choose an aligned strategy.
Lead form: custom questions, the age question
In lead form extensions, Editor now supports custom questions, instead of limiting them to a predetermined set of questions.
Also, the Editor now lets any age between 18 and 65 answers the “Are you over X years of age?” question. Before, this was limited to 3 options: 18, 21, and 25.
When making suggestions in the edit panel, the editor now provides three possible budgets.
The budget editing dialog will now show three precomputed budget points with statistics when a campaign or shared budget has a budget-raising recommendation associated with it. It will also automatically compute stats for a manually entered budget.