The goal of anyone who engages in a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign is to increase the conversion of clicks into customers. The beauty of PPC is that it allows you to only pay for the ad space that people click on. It’s available through services like Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, and even YouTube. Here are a few tips to strengthen your PPC advertising campaigns:
- 1. Tailor your campaign toward your conversion goals. Do your research and choose your keywords carefully. Be ready to modify them if necessary.
- 2. Go where your customers are. AdWords is the biggest platform and has a lot of great features, but some demographics might be more likely to see your ad on social media.
- 3. Know your customers, and gear your ad copy towards their needs. Headlines that illustrate results can increase conversions by 30%. For example, instead of, “Plumbing services in Ottawa,” try, “Ottawa – We’ll fix your pipes today!” Keeping it local lets your clients know that your services are within arm’s reach.
- 4. Be specific – it makes you more trustworthy. If you’ve had 734 happy customers so far this month, then say so. Keeping things current can bring a 23% increase in conversions, too.
- 5. If you’re running a limited time offer, include a live countdown in your ad – Google AdWords has this feature. No one likes missing out on a great sale, so it’s no surprise that using a countdown can bring you a 32% click-through increase.
- 6. Perhaps instead of sending your PPC clicks to your homepage you might want to consider sending them to a landing page related to a specific product or service. This landing page should convert clicks into customers with strong call-to-actions.
- 7. Lastly, and most importantly, test things out! The sooner you get your ads out there, the sooner you can identify what does and doesn’t work, and how you can improve your conversions.
It’s important to know that if you ever get stuck, a Google, Bing & Yahoo certified partner agency like SEO TWIST has the experience to equip you with a PPC campaign that works!