With the new name and an update, the Google Business profile came with a few other changes. Now, when you add a new owner or a manager to a profile, they must wait for seven days before they can start managing all of the features.
Given that new owners and managers would run into issues along the way, Google decided to make them wait for a week in order to be able to continue their work problem-free.
Before the update the process of adding new owners and managers has been problematic on many occasions, for example:
- Removing or deleting a profile
- Taking over listings by changing details and removing others
- Locking up a listing
So, not only will there be fewer headaches, there will be less security problems, too.
During this 7 day period, the new owner or manager gets an error if they try any of the following:
- Delete or undelete a profile.
- Remove other owners or managers from a profile.
- Transfer primary ownership of a profile to themselves or a third user.
- An existing owner or manager tries to transfer primary ownership of the profile to a new owner or manager still in their first 7 days.
As explained by Google: “If the new owner or manager deletes their account within the first 7 days, they’re removed from the profile. If they undelete their account, they must be added to the profile again.”
To find out how to add (or remove) owners and managers, check out this resource.