If you’re looking for a new SEO company to help your business with its digital marketing strategy, then you’ll quickly realize that finding one that’s the “real deal”, which can deliver results, is no easy task. There are many local digital agencies with big empty promises and even more overseas scammers that spend their days prospecting companies on the other side of the world–I’m sure you’ve received more than one email or phone call already! Before making a decision on which agency to manage your company’s digital strategy, you should meet with several and ask the following questions:
- Is your agency a Google partner?
- Does your company follow Google best practices?
- Will the people working on my campaign be Google AdWords certified and experienced?
- Can you guarantee that the work will be done locally, and not outsourced?
- What are some of your local clients in similar industries, and what has been your success rate with their campaigns?
- How many years of experience does your company have?
- What type of results can I expect, and how will success be measured?
- Do I have the right to pre-approve content/copy/images that are being written/used on behalf of my company?
- Will I receive progress reports?
- How can you ensure transparency with respect to my advertising budget?
- Will someone be available to answer any questions if I have concerns?
A good SEO company will meet these criteria and be able to answer these questions appropriately. It will also help you set realistic and measurable digital marketing goals, track your campaign’s progress, tweak it where needed, and ultimately, help your business achieve high rankings on the search engine results page, as well as get the most from paid advertising campaigns. Once you’ve honed in on a reputable, results-oriented SEO company, here are five things you should expect:
- Honesty and transparency: You want to hire a company that’s open and honest about their history and is willing to provide evidence of their past successes–don’t just tell me, show me!
- Practice what they preach: You want to hire a company that ranks at the top of the search engine results page. If the agency can’t attain this for itself, then how can you expect that it will bring your company to the top?
- High-end customer service: Customer relations is arguably the most important factor to consider when hiring a company to handle your digital marketing strategy. You want to hire a company that is responsive, focuses on client satisfaction, and that is aware of your needs even before you realise the need exists. Getting to know you and your target audience should be their top priority.
- S.M.A.R.T goals: Having S.M.A.R.T (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) goals for your digital marketing strategy is essential for the success of any campaign. An SEO company that follows this formula will lead your campaign with focus and measurable results.
- More than just SEO: When you hire a full service SEO company it should be able to do more than just boost your Google ranking. It should have developers and designers that can make changes to your website, produce engaging designs, create mobile versions of your website, engage in mobile-specific digital campaigns and strategies, and the great ones even offer video production and video marketing!
With so many great SEO companies out there, there are just as many mediocre ones to steer away from. At the end of the day it’s important to remember that the SEO company you choose will have a significant influence on your business’s bottom line. Also, the work it completes on your behalf is a direct reflection of your business, and if you want your first impression to be the best it can possibly be, then keep these tips in mind and choose wisely.