We are seeking a new Bilingual Web Content Writer to join our growing team. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys the written word, has strong knowledge of the Internet and marketing campaigns, and can write in a variety of styles and for a wide range of industries. This person’s main objective is to strategize, develop, and optimize content across multiple channels and for different types of platforms, all designed to help grow our clients’ businesses. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the content writer will become an integral member of our marketing communications team with unlimited opportunities for growth within our organization. Our goal is to serve our high-end clients and deliver quality, attractive, yet professional content. Roles and Responsibilities
- Write and edit content for both online and offline media (primarily digital).
- Coordinate publication of content in both web- and print-based publications.
- Research trends, markets, topics, and content ideas in a variety of industries.
- Create, manage, edit, and optimize website content for the search engines.
- Assist in developing and maintaining social media content and initiatives.
- Create and manage editorial calendars for client blogs and social media.
- Write and distribute press releases, newsletters, articles, and guest posts.
- Monitor the latest web and content trends, and provide recommendations.
- Compile data across platforms, and creating reports for managers and clients.
- Collaborate with senior managers in creation of marketing recommendations.
- Coordinate bloggers, article orders, and quality assurance of article submissions.
- Provide initiative and leadership, and monitor work scope against all variables.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, advertising, or business.
- 3-year minimum experience in communications, journalism, PR, or advertising.
- 1-year experience working in a fast-paced creative or agency environment.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and adapting content across various channels.
- Experience in, or strong understanding of, search engine optimization (SEO).
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated ability in crafting compelling content.
- Ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, theme, style, and tone.
- Experience with Internet marketing and social media marketing is a major asset.
- Existing portfolio of professional writing samples and references is essential.
- Familiarity with content management systems and editorial processes is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French are vital.
- Ability to facilitate and manage campaign creation, optimization, and monitoring.
- Competence in managing multiple project assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong self-manager with an impeccable attention to accuracy and detail.
- Capability in formulating recommendations from synthesizing information.
- Competence in managing priorities while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional and enthusiastic while contacting clients, suppliers, and internal teams.
- Understanding of marketing practices including branding, design, copywriting, etc.
- Knowledge of business concepts in order to meet or exceed client objectives.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet deadlines.
- Career-minded, with a proven business and work ethic, and a positive mental attitude.
- Strong computer skills, and strong proficiency with MS Office and WordPress.
Benefits and Remuneration This is a permanent job starting immediately. We offer above-industry salary with competitive bonuses. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with major clients, a great culture, and an awesome team, all within a central office location in the Byward Market. The applicant must have strong content development experience and should demonstrate this in their cover letter. Email your cover letter and resume, along with samples of your work, to dora @ creativetrnd.com with “Bilingual Content Writer” in the subject line. Required Experience
- 3-year minimum in content writing or communications
- 1-year minimum in a creative agency or digital agency environment
- Must be fluently Bilingual (read, written, spoken) in both English and French
- Must have a portfolio or samples of work
If you do not have a post-secondary degree or diploma, at least 3 years of experience in a related field, at least 1 in a creative agency or digital agency environment, and a portfolio or samples of your work, please do not apply . Only applicants who meet the minimum education and experience requirements will be considered for an interview with our dynamic firm. If you think you got what it takes, apply today!