Our Digital Marketing Experts Share Some of Their Favourite Tips to Help Step up Your Game
Content marketing is a tricky art. You’ve got to write quality material that engages readers and helps build trust in your brand not just once or twice, but on a consistent basis! Talk about a daunting task. That’s why we came up with this list – these are digital marketing tips we use every day to stay on the top of our game. So grab your favourite coffee mug, get comfortable, and get ready for six ways to create content that’s out of this world.
1) Write Killer Headlines We really, really can’t emphasize this enough. You could be writing the most amazing blog in your entire vertical, but that won’t mean a thing if no one makes it past the headline. To get people to read, write a headline that grabs their attention and gives them a good reason to keep reading.
2) Give it Value Content marketing works best when it has meaningful content. Don’t bother writing blogs, editorials, or videos just to sell a product. Today’s consumers tune that stuff out. Instead, focus on building trust in your brand by providing readers with valuable information.
3) Tell a Story This doesn’t mean boring your readers with a long-winded narrative. Instead, think of how a compelling story flows. It pulls you along from one part to the next, so that you want to keep reading and see what comes next. If you want to punch up the quality of your writing, follow a simple, straightforward structure, and keep the writing as simple as you can – avoid unnecessary jargon.
4) Embrace the “Listicle” List-based articles are all the rage these days, and for good reason. Life is a busy thing, and sometimes people only have time to skim your article. Putting things in list form helps them find the specific information they’re looking for, or encourages them to bookmark your content to read later. That’s why this digital marketing strategy has worked so well for sites like BuzzFeed, Cracked.com, and others.
5) Pair Every Video with a Blog Producing awesome videos is one of the best things you can do for content marketing. But as interested as someone is in your video, sometimes they just can’t watch it, for example if they’re at work and didn’t bring any headphones. To keep their attention, or to expand on the video’s content and provide more information, pair every video with a blog post. Base it off the video’s script, but add some more meat to it for added value.
6) Finally, Always Make it Relatable Let your customers know that you’re a real person, just like they are. If you can do it right, they’ll be more interested in what you have to say. Don’t be afraid to use pop-culture references (but make extra sure they actually make sense) or compare something to a relatable experience everyone has at some point. When you have a little fun with your digital marketing, it won’t seem so daunting!