If you’ve neglected to invest the resources to update your website, and the business that you’ve worked so hard to build and nurture is represented by an outdated, poorly designed site that makes it next to impossible for users to find what they’re looking for, then it’s highly recommended that you turn to a reputable web design agency in Ottawa, or in your city, for help. Here are six reasons why we believe web design is best left to the professionals: 1. First impressions matter According to Conversion XL it takes only one tenth of a second for a visitor to form a first impression about your website, and first impressions are 94% design related. It’s also proven that a good first impression leads to visitors spending more time browsing through your site. This means that an attractive design and an easy-to-navigate architecture translates into a greater chance of someone finding what they’re looking for, and a visitor converting into a lead. Unless you’ve got great graphic and coding skills, having a web design agency is your best bet for getting an exceptional website that will leave a positive, lasting first impression. 2. Increase credibility An experienced web design agency will have developed hundreds of great websites. With an eye for design and experience with the best usability features and functionality, they know that good design means easily accessible information, and credibility is gained by adopting these basic policies:
- A clear identity – disclose mission and purpose, physical location and ownership.
- Advertising and sponsorship – distinguish advertising from news and information, disclose relevant business relationships and identify sponsors.
- Customer service – disclose relevant financial relationships with other sites, any relevant fees, state and enforce transaction policies.
- Corrections – mark content with its published date, in the case of ecommerce sites, it should state the policy on a consumer’s rights.
- Privacy – policies should be easy to find and clearly, simply stated. A site should also disclose how personal data from visitors and customers will be used, and it will provide an opt-out alternative.
3. Increase conversion Studies on websites and landing pages conclude that certain website elements are proven to increase conversion. After all, you don’t want visitors to simply visit your site, you want to convert them into customers. A good web design agency will work with you to understand your business objectives, the goals of your website, and according to KISSmetrics–a blog about analytics, marketing and testing–how to include key c-o-n-v-e-r-s-i-o-n elements, such as:
- C = Clear Call to Actions
- O = Offers
- N = Narrow Focus
- V = VIA: Very Important Attributes
- E = Effective Headlines
- R = Resolution-Savvy Layout
- T = Tidy Visuals
- S = Social Proof
4. Mobile friendly web design Now that more and more people are browsing on their tablets and smart phones, it’s critical to capitalize on this traffic and have a mobile-specific version of your website. The absence of a responsive or non-specific mobile design often results in frustrated visitors quickly navigating away from your site. Working with a web design agency means that they’ll have the technical expertise to build a mobile friendly or adaptive site, which loads quickly, adapts to various sized devices, and is also SEO optimized. 5. Brand recognition Did you know that smart web design can increase brand recognition and possibly increase visitor retention on your website? If the design of your company’s website is consistent with the look of your brick and mortar business, then it’ll be easily recognizable by those who visit you online. The consistency in the branding will create trust and confidence. 6. User experience Finally, another reason to have a web design agency create your company’s website is that they will implement tried and tested, user-centric design elements. Having built numerous sites allows a design agency to know exactly what works, and what doesn’t. A great designer will intuitively know which elements can persuade a user to taken one action versus another, and through design they can influence the behaviour and actions of a website visitor. The result will be a website that focuses on bringing online success and profitability for your business. The web design world is vast and there are many companies who promise beauty and glory. Just be sure to have your new website designed by an agency in Ottawa, or in your city, which will listen to your needs, and that works together with you–as a business owner your input is critical to a successful new website design!